Digital Video Systems is a company with terrific opportunities in the challenging field of telecommunications and systems integration. We look for individuals who are flexible, talented, motivated, creative and passionate.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we actively seek greatness across all diverse cultures, genders, ethnicities and other categories. We believe in synthesizing these into the most effective solutions possible.
To apply for a position at Digital Video Systems, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Employment Opportunities currently available.
Teleport Operator – Part-time
Master Control Operator/Teleport Operator monitors broadcast signals, ingests media from various sources for air or office use, monitors and controls transmitter output, maintains logs, sets up and airs programs and program breaks per program log, and assists with traffic and on-air production.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assure a high-quality broadcast by monitoring broadcast signals, following the program log to air programs and breaks, monitoring and controlling the transmitter output and resolving any on-air problems which might occur
- Support for broadcasts by ingesting programs from satellite feeds, ingesting media from various sources, and assisting with traffic duties
- Maintain transmitter and discrepancy logs and submit timely discrepancy reports on scheduling, traffic and on-air irregularities
- Preview playlists to ensure that all assets are available and ready for broadcast as scheduled
- Evaluate technical quality of content and assure standards are being met
- Report equipment problems to engineering and troubleshoot emergencies
- May be assigned to other duties as necessary for emergency or special operating conditions
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the management
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent degree
- Work well within a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Possess strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology
- Exhibit a professional attitude at all times and be able to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends and hurricane emergencies.
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Prior experience in a Master Control environment with 1 year of experience in a similar position is preferred.